Thursday, June 2, 2011

Eating like Aaaaahnold

Did you know that pregnant ladies need a hundred gillion trillion grams of protein a day? It's true. That is the actual number.

So, I could eat turkey-egg-lentil-stuffed meatloaf sprinkled with almonds and topped with a huge dollop of cottage cheese every day.

I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty disgusting to me. And besides, much to my husband's disappointment, I have yet to experience any pregnancy-related cravings to eat anything that used to have feelings.

I'd rather eat this. (And apparently Doug would too...)


Here's what I'm talking about:

Greek yogurt: 23 grams protein

1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder, either pre-mixed in the yogurt or sprinkled on each layer: 12 grams

1 serving of Kashi GoLean Toasted Berry Crumble: 9 grams (the normal Kashi GoLean is more proteiny, lower sugar, but less delicious & less crunchy)

= approximately 44 grams of protein. Effective, delicious, easy, light and perfect for summer... and so far has not resulted in any secret love child sex scandals!

No comments:

Post a Comment