I love the morning/ I like to listen/ to 4 am birdies/ begging to feed...
I don't know why I love that so much. Maybe because it's this neck-tattoed scraggly-haired rocker dude singing about "birdies" in such an unembarrassed and earnest way.
Anyway, I really like birdies too, and so, of course, does this guy:
But 4 am is just plain crazytalk. Early afternoon sounds more like it to me.
So, yesterday I caught the Carolina Wren at the feeder and decided I was determined to get a picture of her. I ended up sitting the window for about 45 minutes watching birds and taking pictures of them, being very still and quiet and feeling a little like I was doing yoga. I didn't realize I'd be birdwatching for so long. It just happened, and fortunately, I'd already finished my lesson plans.
I'm working (slowly) on improving my photography skills. For the moment, here's where I am:
| Titmouse |
| Chickadee (Carolina?) |
| And finally, the lovely Carolina Wren. What a cute face--totally worth waiting for. |
Love the bird photos and of course the kitty one too! We have a bird feeder right outside our front window and I sit and sometimes watch them. We have a screen on our window though and I can never get a good picture.
ReplyDelete