Thursday, November 4, 2010

Help me understand: detached winter collar thingies

Apparently these things are really hot right now:


This is from J.Crew.
(Please don't sue me for using your picture, J. Crew. I like your khakis.) 

What is it?! A wreath? A sling? A reusable hand towel ream?

It's a separate collar that's supposed to keep you warm. A cowl. Or a snood. (I do not like saying the word snood. Also, isn't a snood a character from Harry Potter?)

But more importantly, does it look silly? I think maybe it does but I can't decide. (If I could understand it I might be able to form an opinion.)  As a big time scarf fan, I'm wondering what this thing can do for me that a scarf can't...




Right now there's a lot I'm perplexed by, and I don't need to add "hip accessories" to that list. But here it is. On my list. Perplexing me.

Any ideas?  


Thoughts on the collar thingie:
It's cute! It's new! DO IT!
You're already top heavy; wearing this will make you appear on the verge of toppling over.
Scarves are better. You can play with the edges in awkward situations.
Men have beards to catch cookie crumbs with; now, with this thingie it's OUR TURN FOR FLAVOR SAVORS!
Danger: This is bound to get snagged in rapidly spinning machinery or some guy's bicycle handle.
Ours "is not to reason why." (Sheesh lady, don't you know your Tennyson?)







  
pollcode.com free polls

2 comments:

  1. I think they're scarves for people who are too lazy to wrap a scarf around their neck. Scarves. What. a. hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! I knew you'd have an opinion, K. I didn't know what it would be, but I was counting on you to have one.

    ReplyDelete