Having grown up in and now returned to the Southeast, I realize that daffodils say something entirely different to me than they did in MA. Here, they say something like: Hey guess what? It's kinda nice weather now even though your car's yellow from pollen, but soon we'll once again journey through 5 relentless months of the most unbearable, humid, make-you-want-to-rip-your-skin-off-because-it's-so-damn-hot summer known to man!
So, yeah, basically I now think of spring as the singing telegram dressed in bright happy colors who rings your doorbell only to serenade you with a dirge of the death-that-is-Summer.
But, still, there're a few nice things about spring, I guess--
Baseball spring training & forthcoming actual baseball.
Vegetable garden planning.
Pine Warblers at the feeder.
(All my photography attempts at these guys thusfar have failed.)
Plus, a whole house that smells like this:
| Thank you to whoever lived here before and planted hyacinth! |
By the way, if you are one of those Spring Lovers, The Art of Doing Stuff has some great porn for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment