It's weird to say that I "love" my poems. I worry that it sounds egotistical, and also, honestly, I don't really think of my poems that way. There aren't many that I would say I "love," but there are at least two--a
a couple in one of my manuscripts that I honestly do love dearly. Writing them taught me a lot and reading them still does.
I sent them out for publication for quite some time to a variety of magazines and man oh man did they have it rough--repeatedly rejected, and worst, ignored. (And I started having those fun writerly thoughts like: Are they any good? How come the ones that aren't as dear to me get accepted for publication but the rare poems that I actually love aren't getting any attention? What is going on? Maybe everything I know about poetry is wrong!!! I'm going to quit writing and take up boxing!)
But the good news is that TODAY THEY HAVE A HOME! AND FRIENDS! Finally! In Super Arrow, the journal with probably the best name ever. Not a bad way to close out the year. Thank you, Super Arrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment