Monday, April 4, 2011

New food pt. 2

Ok so this type of food is not new to me. And if it were, I wouldn't admit it because what kind of wackadoo has never had lettuce? But self-made carrots and lettuce is new to me.

Remember early October? That's when I planted these. Mostly on a wing and a prayer. (I just can't use/hear that phrase without thinking "Whoooo could it be? Believe it or not it's just meee...")

I worried over them. Were my lettuces too close together? Did I do a sufficient tilling job to avoid corkscrewed carrots?


Apparently all they needed was about 5 months of neglect and coldness. That might qualify these for the most emo veggies I've ever grown.


Actually, this haphazard arrangement kind of looks like the "$100-but-specially-made-to-look-like-I-cut-it-myself" emo hairstyle of lettuce. I call it "The Jared Leto-ce" (Anybody? Jared Leto? Lettuce? ...Maybe it would help to imagine the pot's wearing eyeliner.)

Rest assured, though; Jared Leto-ce has plenty of friends...



One of which is the cutest, tiniest, adorable-ist, "awww"-inducing carrot of all time. Are you ready?



In addition to the "first" of growing these, this is certainly the first time I've referred to a carrot as "cute." I mean, it's just so darn cute--it's toy sized! If the five year old me encountered such a cute carrot, my Jem doll would be in for a real treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment