Pine nuts are one of my favorite things, and since they're also crazy expensive, I only buy them on those rare occasions when I feel carefree about money and like to pretend I'm rich at the grocery store. Thankfully, a very kind-hearted friend recently gifted me a huge bag of Costco pine nuts (and pecans). I'm more thrilled than a girl with two huge nutsacks should be.
If you know what's good and like to pretend you're rich too (and/or that you own an adorable little trattoria in Italy), you might like this:
"Pretend You're Rich" Pine Nut Cookies
2 c. pine nuts (aka: Pine Diamonds; Pine Trust Funds)
1 c. confectioner's sugar
1/4 c. almond paste (aka: Sweet Daddy Warbucks Paste)
1 teasp. pure vanilla extract
1 lg. (golden) egg
1/2 c. all-purpose flour (If you wanna go slummin' to keep it real, try the Publix brand.)
1/4 teasp. baking powder
1/4 teasp. salt
+ zest of one large lemon. This is optional, but what kind of nut doesn't like lemon? (See what I did there?)
How to do it:
1/ Preheat to 350.
2/ Process 3/4 c. pine nuts, sugar, almond paste, and vanilla in food processor until fine crumbs form.
3/ Add egg & pulse to combine.
4/ Add flour, baking powder & salt; process just until dough comes together.
5/ Roll dough into 3/4 in. balls. Roll balls luxuriously in remaining pine nuts, gently pressing to coat. (Like this.)
6/ Space well apart, like the rows in fancy private school classrooms.
7/ Bake 10-13 mins. or until just golden brown.
You can go straight to gobbling up all this delicate chewy lemony nuttiness straight out the oven. But high rollin' bakers like me like to make it rain first...
No comments:
Post a Comment