Sunday, October 31, 2010

Not a poetry blog: Poets & Artists, with a variety of boobs

I didn't give out one piece of Halloween candy tonight, so consider this my treat to you...

The new issue of one of the sleekest, most professional-looking literary journals, Poets and Artists, is fresh off the press/ on the intertubes... with one of my poems in it!

If you want to read my piece, "Skepticism of everything," go here. As I've mentioned before, this is not a poetry blog and I don't want to post every single publication, but I think you'll especially like this issue. In addition to all the gorgeous work, there's these interviews and mini-interviews with each artist.

Each piece deals in some way with the body, so in between reading poems, you'll get to see lots of naked people. What's not to love?

I especially enjoy Franciene Krieg's naked old lady nudes, which I'm surprised to find so refreshing and comforting. Ken Scaglia's paintings of car engines will make you feel like you're peeking at something you really shouldn't be. Plus there's Deborah Poynton's "Nude Dude With Artsy Junk + A Whole Lotta Other Naked Folks Hanging Out." (Ok, ok, so the official title is "To Be Alone," but that doesn't really paint a picture for you the way I wanted.)  To see all those things and more, go here.


2 comments:

  1. lots of boobies fo'sho! Loved your page pretty girl! Super smart, awesome sista!

    ReplyDelete