Friday, September 24, 2010

By popular demand

Well, not in the traditional sense of the term "popular demand," but my friend Christina did demand this. And she IS the most popular person I know.

So, here you go--the orange flame cowboy/girl/person boots recently made famous by this post



They might be my favoritest things to put on my feet ever. If you're in the market for boots, I vote Fryes. They're durable, surprisingly comfortable, and have just enough height. Plus there's this fun fact that commands more respect than any shoe has a right to: "Frye's footwear has a long and illustrious history... Frye boots were worn by Union and Confederate soldiers during America's Civil War." 

This means that if you ever get into a "whose boots are more badass" debate--and you will--YOU WILL ALWAYS WIN in Fryes. 

One more thing--for the love of god, don't pay full price. Try ebay or zappos. And then you'll have a couple extra dollars to buy your own garden gnomes. Because--AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY NOT--garden gnomes do not come with the Frye boot purchase. 

3 comments:

  1. yay! yay! i effecte change on kittens & grits! yes i can! YES I CAN!

    i'm in love with your boots. so fiery! so fryery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "effecte." It's middle-englishy/frenchy. LIke, you really mean business when you "effecte" something. That's a whole 'nother lever right there.

    ReplyDelete