Thursday, September 30, 2010

Not a poetry blog

It's important to me that this blog not turn into a "poetry blog." Because, even though I write and read and love poetry dearly, I think it's important to recognize that there are other things in life (like cat yodeling). Plus, there are enough poetry blogs out there, and you don't really want to hear all my blah-blahs about the po-biz. (And frankly, if I think about the current state of American poetry too much, I might sink like Artax in the Swamp of Sadness.)

But every now and then some journal slips up and publishes my work! And that's some Not Sad News I like to share!

There are so many great literary journals out there that it's at once great and mind-blowing. What I like about The Literary Bohemian is the intricate and gorgeous layout that's still easy to navigate and read. And the author travel bio is way more fascinating than the ho-hum "professional author bio." Plus, (cue ABBA), they took a chance on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment