Thursday, September 23, 2010

Productivity: 0; Amazingness: 10 gillion

At this moment I probably have at least five student emails or discussion posts awaiting reply to some question like, "when is the assignment due?" and "how do I use an index?" Now, don't get me wrong, I like teaching. I really do. But if students could be more self-sufficient and/or read the syllabus and/or discover Googling "how to convert file," that'd be a big plus.

So right now there's those emails. And presentations to grade. And new assignments to write.

Which is exactly why I'm shopping on etsy.  And hoping you'll shop along with me, so I feel less like a slacker. (Consider it your good deed for the day.)

Here are three* etsy shops that blow my mind:

1/ Monica Pharr ceramics, featuring alphabets and magical sea animals:

This might be my favorite, but at the end of every salad I'd have to say "Poor Ahab." 


2/ Beat Up Creations, where your dream of eating a PB & J off the face of a giraffe dressed up as a geisha girl can finally be realized. And, of course, you can buy this for me

That's right. That IS Mr. T pitying the fool while surrounded by gold-lined magnolias. You are not on drugs. Ok, well, maybe you are on drugs, but this vision of beauty is not a manifestation of those drugs. Oh my god it's just so awesome. 



3/ Jim Loewer Glass. Jim Loewer is my friend. He has good taste in music and makes good grilled cheese sandwiches. He doesn't sell his sandwiches, though. You'll have to make your own and then eat them off of Mr. T's face. Do it under one of these: 

Wowza. 


Or while being dazzled at the hypnotic swirly lollypop sunlight shining through one of these:

Purrrrdy colors.... 



*There are a lot more, but I don't know about y'all but whenever I get into etsy I feel a little panicked, like there's just too much going on. Oh my god how can there be 297 teacups with owls playing the harmonica on them!? It's overwhelming, like looking at the sun. And makes me dizzy that way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment